Sunday, November 25, 2007

wow

What a weekend for college football!! With so many openings there will be more rumors in the next 2 weeks than in all the season combined. The best ADs are the one's who keep their search quiet. So you may not know until the bitter end.

Agggies
Mike Sherman? Are you kidding? I don't buy it one bit. This is BB gamesmanship. This is like the Steve Kragthrope to SMU rumor that wasn't.

I guess the logic behind Mike Sherman would be Aggies are always going to get athletes so bring in a great X's and O's guy? if I am an aggie fan, i expect/demand an awsome recruiter. Sherman could be (i guess) but it is a huge risk.

As you know i will admit when I am wrong, so I may eat some crow here, but the coach won't be Mike Sherman.

I still think Brian Kelly gets this job. Bobby Petrino is gaining some steam here. JImbo Fisher if they hire an assistant (he can recruit the heck out of TX)

Arkansas
Wow. Is this thing ever going to end? I thought Nutt was out for sure, now somehow a surprise win over LSU has saved his bacon? I think after Nutt meets with Jeff Long and doesn't get the pass for next years probable struggle he is going to leave. In fact, I think he is leaving anyway. I've posted before the Nutt/GTech connection and know that is a distinct possibility. Nutt to Ole Miss would be the best, can you imagine Arkansas playing against Nutt every year? that would be good to be true. For Ole Miss it makes sense, they get a guy who ahs proven he can win in the SEC West and can win some big games occasionally.

Note to Dr, White and Jeff Long: Let your fan base know Jeff Long is in charge, allow him to fix this. I can only imagine if Nutt is still around next year, he won't be the only one on the hot seat. Long and Nutt are supposed to meet tomorrow. Long's attitude to Nutt probably depends on how his meeting with Bo Pelini went on Saturday.

My prediction - Nutt, for his family's sake, swallows his pride and takes another job, (likely GTECH). This way Nutt leaves on his own terms instead of getting fired next year.

Baylor
Some think Nutt and Baylor have had a deal, I am not one of those. I hope for their sake they get someone better than Larry Fedora, he can maybe do ok, but i doubt it. Nutt still an option here but i think the LSU win falsely raised the bar. Mike Sherman would be a great fit at Baylor, just not at A&M. Best Bet: Art Briles.

Georgia Tech
Houston Nutt, Jimbo Fisher and Paul Johnson top candidates, with Charlie Strong getting a look. I'll be shocked if Gailey stays.

Neb
Most people say Pelini then Gill, I say Gill is the top choice. Brian Kelly and Paul Johnson get looks also.

Ole Miss
2 coordinators in a row and look where they are (although Cutcliff isn't looking so bad now). I mentioend Nutt above, Derek Dooley is a name that was passed on to me tonight by a major Ole Miss booster. The name Dooley would have to carry some weight in the SEC. Art Briles has been mentioned. I would have to say Rick Neuheisal is the early favorite, sorry pony fans. George O"Leary would be a safe play. Todd Graham is also on the radar.

SMU
My only news is here is that feelers have been sent to Marty Schotennheimer to come fix the Miami Dolphins, nothing certain but he would have to take that job over the ponies. I personally don't think it will be Fran but his name sure is coming up more and more. Chan Gailey would be a great hire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Pelini want the Nebraska job? Do they want him?

Do you think he has interest in Arkansas?

If Pelini turns Arkansas down, does Long retain Nutt or is he gone anyway?