Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Solids

Assuming LSU is Open
Illinois beat Ohio State, how does that affect the LSU job? Well I had been predicting that Michigan was going to beat Ohio State, Carr would save his job for 1 more year and Miles stays at LSU. Not gonna happen now, Ohio State wins, Carr is out Miles is in at Mich.

Tommy Tub to LSU - nope

Bo Pelini appears to have his choice between Nebraska and LSU. Most people seem to think that Pelini covets the Neb job, but i have it on good faith Pelini loves the SEC, particularly The Red Stick (Baton Rougue). (Does Pelini still has some resentment to Neb for snubbing him the first time, you bet!, and i bet he would love to say thanks but no thanks I've got a better gig.) Rebuild at Neb or keep on truckin in the top 10 every year at LSU? Exactly. Pelini would have his pick of the litter of offensive coordinators (there are 2 pretty good ones at OU that have Co beside their name and would like to go out on their own... if they don't get their own jobs)and would be a constant at LSU for the next 10 years.

Arkansas
Through doing this column, I have learned that Hog fans are as passionate as any other fans in the country, and they are about to get what they deserve. Nutt has finally come to grips with the fact that his Hog days are over. Below is another recap of where I think the Hog search is -Pelini.

If it aint Butch or Bo
So as you read above I am retracting my Pelini to Arkansas pick (if LSU is open, if not he shuns Neb for Ark, damn, 2nd time that happened), thanks Ron Zook. Jeff Long will go with the next best thing, I just can't tell if his next best thing is Brent Venables or Kevin Wilson. Hog fans are emailing me about Brian Kelly and I can't find any count to it, although he is a heck of a coach. I can't tell if search firm fav Dan Mullen (OC FLorida) is catching Long's attention or not, he has caught mine.

SMU
Steve Orsini has secured $9 mil in outside money to finance the new hire. Depending on the buyout $9 mil can go along way at SMU, Even famous AR columnist Wally Hall is saying Nutt to SMU.



Sorry this is all i have today, the buzz is starting to get harder and harder to decipher and I only post what hear from 3 solid sources. i have a lot of cats to heard... stay tuned.

Sorry for those that may be tired of Hogs/Nutt but that is who I am getting the most requests from. SMU 2nd (aint that interesting)

If you want to me to check out your school email me at coachcarousel@yahoo.com

No comments: