Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Arkansas

Tommy T - I could eat crow here, but I can't find one Auburn source that thinks Tubb is going anywhere. I think mastermind Jimmy Sexton used this as leverage in Tubb's negotiations with Jay Jacobs. In fact I was told tonight that Tubb got another year, better salaries for assistants and more seats at the stadium. The only people that i talk to that think there is a chance are Arkansas guys.

Lane Kiffen - There appears to be some legs to the Lane Kiffen rumors. Word on the street is that Kiffen leaked to a search firm that he was interested in getting back into college. Life with Al Davis is too much, as it would be for most. This is the type of coach Arkansas needs, young, energetic, smart, and has coached on both sides of the ball at some level. Raiders players love him, and if you can get respect of NFL players older than you I think he can manage to motivate college players. Ask Reggie Bush what he thinks about Kiffen. I can't confirm some of the reports out of Arkansas that he certainly next after Tub but he IS on the list.

Chris Peterson - his name picked up steam for the Arkansas job today, but for also the Wash St. job, which i think is a little more likely. I'm told Jeff Long does like Peterson quite a bit.

Brian Kelly - name is still out there, nothing new today on his end. Damn good coach.

Butch - I was still holding out hope until his dad said it was too late. I still never say never in this business but not likely

Mike Leach - I''ve said it before I'll say it again. If he leaves it is for UCLA.

Bo Pelini - looks like he probably has the Neb job. Go ahead email me tell me i am an idiot, but I stand by more sources and will always think Bo Pelini was darn close to getting this job. Even if he doesn't, the interest in Lane Kifen would be hard to miss. I am sorry i missed the Lane Kiffen info but he apprantly leaked it the minute Ark came open.

Brent Venables - I am told that if Long were going to hire and assistant it was Pelini or Bust.

Bill Cowher - get real

Steve Sarkisian - probably getting tossed in there due to Kiffen, but he is a search firm fav as well. He is probably ready. He could easily be Wash St. new coach.

Paull Johnson - my understanding he is out of the picture for this job.


Duke -
Glen Mason seems to be getting a good look here. Someone in the AD thinks Steve Spurrier Jr. has what it takes. Terry Bowden has been named here but I dont see it as a fit. Al Borges is still being talked about along with Rick Stockstill (if you can get him jump on it)

Georgia Tech

Jimbo Fisher - Bobby Bowden getting an extension? Jimbo leave tonight if you can. Georgia Tech will try and mirror the bulldogs hire of Mark Richt.

Will Muschamp - Not over Fisher (so I am told), but if anyone saw Rad's energy comments today that may have been a sign. Muschamp has as much energy as anyone in the biz.

Rick Neuheisal - wants it but it doesnt look like he will get it.

Bobby Johnson - his name is being mentioned for more jobs than this one.

Neb
It's Pelini, no it's Gill, no wait it is Jim Grobe. All signs point to Pelini but I was told by someone close that Grobe's interview went spectacular.

SMU
The latest i got today is that is a 2-way race between Paul Johnson and Rick Neuheisal. Keep in mind Orsini's lips are sealed like your date to the prom. I think Chan Gailey has a good chance as well. The Schottenheimer thing seems to have lost steam. The only assistants name's that are still breathing are Gus Malzahn (nation's #! offense has caught some attention) and Charlie Strong.

Southern Miss - I am told it will be hard to turn down Tyrone Nix but that Gus Malzahn will get a fair shake.

Washington State
Steve Sarkisian
Chris Peterson
bobby Hauck

send me your thougts coachcarousel@yahoo.com

I am trying to give you guys the bes info i can, in this game you win some you lose some.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring in Kiffen carousel man!

Anonymous said...

How does this site get attention? Folks, he just relays any rumor that he hear. He has had Butch Davis at Arkansas, Texas A&M, LSU and the a 2nd trip to Arkansas.

He has yet to be accurate on any projection. Why bother with him. If I were to email him right now saying that I'm a Michigan fan and said Michigan has focused their sites on Tedfore, he would have it on his board tommorrow.

Unknown said...

My big problem with the site isn't the accuracy. We all know that you can't predict the future. It also isn't the entertainment value, I dig the site.

My problem is that the writer has extreme bias and does not try to portray it as such.

To have a line like:
"Butch - I was still holding out hope until his dad said it was too late. I still never say never in this business but not likely"

is just pathetic.

If you are biased just say you are at the top of your blog. I'll still read it buddy, I promise!

Anonymous said...

I'm tempted to send this guy an email saying that I hear Butch is talking to Southern Mississippi just to see if he publishes it on his site.

Michael J said...

If you dont like it dont read it. I am biased, i want all schools to get the best coach for them.