Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday Madness

I open with an apology to all the English teachers that have been proofing my work. I will do a better job, but I am more concerned about information than grammer lessons.

Arkansas

Bobby Petrino - will he say yes? He did not tell Jeff Long to not come to Atlanta tonight. Is he using Arkansas to get something out of Blank? Does Blank care if he leaves? If he does why did he tell Arkansas it was ok to talk with him as long as they waited until after MNF?

Lane Kiffin - I thought he was out of the picture but he is 1 of the 4 finalists. If BP says no tonight then Kiffin will have a decision to make tomorrow.

Will Muschamp - Again, Muschamp is salivating for this job. Personally, I think he is the right fit, but it will take the 2 above to say no.

Brent Venables - If all the 3 above say no then Arkansas will have 1 heck of a coach.


Duke

Bobby Johnson jumps in the race, if he takes this job Duke gets an A++. Heck of a coach. (I am already trying to figure out who Vandy would hire)


Houston

Michael Haywood is getting a ton of support, but look for Gus Malzahn to campaign a little harder for this job now that he realizes he is out of the picture at Arkansas. I look for Haywood to get the job.

Michigan
(same names as Saturday with these added)

Cam Cameron? - If he even gets an interview Michigan fans need to revolt.

Steve Sarkisian - I heard his name for the first time last night. He would be a great hire, I am sure geography and the fact he is an assitant is a hold-up; it shouldn't be.

Les Miles - the media won't let this go, there could be something fishy going on here. If I were Skip Bertman I would be darn careful here.

SMU

Pony fans, I was told that the June Jones meeting didn't happen. I think this is Chan Gailey's job to turn down, but if that is the case what is the hold-up. If there is not a hire soon, there has to be an active NFL coach involved. Orsini is as tight-lipped as ever.


Southern Miss

Larry Fedora out? Kevin Wilson in? If so, Southern Miss got lucky.


UCLA

The only update I have is that Chris Peterson is 100% out of consideration. Norm Chow got an interview this morning. Bronco Mendenhall might be gaining favor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

If Arkansas ends up with any of the four you've listed, I sure won't complain. Two are proven upgrades (Kiffin and Petrino) and the other two have a lot of upside (Venables and Muschamp). I'm pulling for Petrino, but if that doesn't come through I will be stoked about Muschamp. He is a great fit for the Hogs.

Anonymous said...

Petrino can coach but he is an abrasive bully. Nuttish in his behavior. If all four can coach, then why settle for a turd over a rose. All four are great coaches I believe but I’m pulling for Kiffin and Venables.

Anonymous said...

you misspelled grammar

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the posts. I love the site and visit frequently to see what is going on with my Hogs. Keep up the great work.